A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the
house in the kitchen. The man was racing the engine on the motorcycle and
somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear. The man, still holding the
handlebars, was dragged through a glass patio door and the motorcycle
dumped onto the floor inside the house.
The wife, hearing the crash, ran into the dining room, and found her
husband laying on the floor, cut and bleeding, the motorcycle laying
next to him and the patio door shattered. The wife ran to the phone
and summoned an ambulance.
Because they lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the
several flights of long steps to the street to direct the paramedics
to her husband.
After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital,
the wife uprighted the motorcycle and pushed it outside. Seeing
that gas had spilled on the floor, the wife obtained some papers towels,
blotted up the gasoline, and threw the towels in the toilet.
The husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home.
After arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the
damage done to his motorcycle. He became despondent, went into the
bathroom, sat on the toilet and smoked a cigarette. After finishing
the cigarette, he flipped it between his legs into the toilet bowl
while still seated.
The wife, who was in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband
screaming. She ran into the bathroom and found her husband laying on
floor. His trousers had been blown away and he was suffering burns on the
buttocks, the back of his legs and his groin. The wife again ran to the
phone and called for an ambulance.
The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at the
The paramedics loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him
to the street. While they were going down the stairs to the street
accompanied by the wife, one of the paramedics asked the wife how the
husband had burned himself. She told them and the paramedics started
laughing so hard, one of them tipped the stretcher and dumped the husband
out. He fell down the remaining steps and broke his ankle.