- You remember when Jordache jeans were cool.
- In your fifth grade class picture you were wearing an Izod shirt
with the collar up.
- You know by heart the words to any Weird Al Yankovic song
- You ever rang someones doorbell and said Landshark!
- Three words: Atari, IntelliVision and Coleco, sound familiar
- You remember the days when safe sex meant that your parents
were gone for the weekend.
- You remember Friday Night Videos before the days of MTV.
- A predominant color in your childhood photos is plaid.
- While in high school, you and your friends discussed elaborate
plans to get together again at the end of the century and play
Princes 1999 until you passed out partying.
- You remember when music that was labeled alternative, really
- You took family trips BEFORE the invention of the minivan.
- You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the
cars behind you.
- What you talkin bout? rings a bell.
- Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned
the English language.
- Youre starting to view getting carded to buy alcohol as a GOOD
- You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran
Duran, Madonna or Cyndi Lauper video.
- The first time you ever kissed someone at a dance came during
Crazy for You, by Madonna
- You remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit
the streets and made your old Big Wheel quite obsolete.
- The phrase Wheres the beef, still doubles you over with
- You honestly remember when film critics raved that no movie
could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie
- Ted the photographer on The Love Boat.
- Your hair at some point in time in the 80s became something
which can only be described by the phrase, I was experimenting.
- Youve ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not
in the last five years.
- Youre starting to believe now that maybe having the kids go to
school year round wouldnt be such a bad idea after all.
- Youre doing absolutely nothing pertaining to your major.
- U2 is too popular and mainstream for you now.
- You remember trying to guess the episode of the Brady Bunch
from the first scene.
- You had a frontrow seat for Luke and Lauras wedding on General
- Youre parents wanted you to attend medical school, but you
decided it was pointless since Quincy got all the babes anyway.
- You know who shot JR.
- This rings a bell: ...and my name is Charlie. They work for
- You were unsure if Diet Coke would ever catch on after all.
- You know all the words to the double album set of Grease.
- You ever had a Dorothy Hamil haircut.
- You sat with your friends on a Friday night and dialed 867-5309
to see if Jenny would answer.
- All skate, change directions, means something to you.
- You owned a pair of Rainbow suspenders just like Mork used to
- You bought a pair of Vanns and wanted to order a pizza in
history class so you could be just like Jeff Spicoli.
- You owned a preppy handbook.
- You were too young to go see the Blue Lagoon so you just had to
settle for second hand reports.
- You remember when there was only PG and R.
- You learned to swim about the same time Jaws came out and still
carry the emotional scars to this day.
- You remember when your cable TV box had a sliding selector
- Your jaw would ache by the time you finished those brick sized
packages of Bazooka gum.
- Bo and Luke Duke.
- VCRs cost $2,000.
- There was nothing strange about Bert and Ernie living together.
- Rotary dial telephones.
- You actually believed that Mikey, famed for his Life cereal
commercials, died after eating a packet of pop rocks and drinking a
- The theme song to Greatest American Hero still comes back to
you on occasion.
(BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IM WALKING ON AIR...)
- Youve recently horrified yourself by using any one of the
following phrases: When I was younger... When I was your age... You
know, back when...
- This timeline appropriately describes actual events in your
...Star Wars opens, you are still in single digit ages, and you
think the creatures are WAY cool
...Empire Strikes Back opens, you are
now in early double digit ages, and you are convinced that the
special effects are much better, the characters are cool, and you
want one of every collectible out there
...Return of the Jedi hits the
theaters, you are now a teenager and you cannot get your eyes off
Princess Leias breasts or Han Solos butt
...The new Star
Wars came out and you bought your tickets three days in advance to make
sure you would be there to see it again.
- You remember when sippin packs first came out!
- You thought jellies and yo yos were the coolest shoes ever.
- You know all the moves to the Beat It video.