- At 6 am, youre waking up instead of going to bed.
- Beers at lunch get you reprimanded.
- College sweatshirts are casual instead of dress up.
- Your parents charge rent.
- The four food groups are no longer beer, pizza, pot and cereal.
- Its getting late when its 9:30 p.m.
- Three words: Student Loan Payments.
- You make thousands of dollars a year and still cant afford
that dream Porsche.
- You start eyeing the Light Beer Section appreciatively.
- Pickup football games mean that at least one person will be in
the hospital by games end.
- THEN, discussing with your friends: GPAs, spring break plans, and
NOW: mutual funds, interest rates, and wedding plans.
- Sleeping on the couch is a no-no.
- Naps are no longer available between noon and 6 p.m.
- Sneakers are now weekend shoes.
- Dinner and a movie: The whole date instead of the beginning of one.
- Pregnancy now brings thought of tax deductions instead of coronaries.
- Jack and Cokes become Dewers on the Rocks.
- The only drugs you take are Tums and Tylenol.
- 1The weak single you hit in the intramural softball game is now
remembered as a Varsity dinger for the League Championship.
- You get your news from sources other than USA Today, ESPN SportsCenter and
- Random hook-ups are no longer socially acceptable.
- You wear more ties in a week than you even owned while taking in college.
- You find yourself reminiscing fondly of 2-hour Calculus exams.
- You empathize with the characters from Friends.
- Metabolism slowdown.
- Wine appreciation expands beyond Boones and Mad Dog.
- You actually eat breakfast foods at breakfast time.
- Your salary is less than your tuition.
- Your potted plants stay alive.
- Shacking in a twin-sized bed seems absurd.
- You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
- You have to pay your own credit card bill.
- You haven't seen a soap opera in over a year.
- 8:00a.m. is not early.
- You have to file for your own taxes.
- You hear your favorite song on the elevator at work.
- You're not carded anymore.
- You carry an umbrella.
- Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook-up and
- You start watching the weather channel.
- Jeans and baseball caps aren't staples in your wardrobe.
- You can no longer take shots, and smoking gives you a sinus
- You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.
- You stop confusing 401K plan with 10K run.
- You go to parties that the police don't raid.
- Adults feel comfortable telling jokes about sex in front of
- You don't know what time Wendy's closes anymore.
- Your car insurance goes down.
- You refer to college students as kids.
- You drink wine, scotch and martinis instead of beer, bourbon, and rum.
- Your parents start making casual remarks about grandchildren.
- You feed your dog Science Diet instead of Taco Bell.
- Grocery lists actually contain relatively healthy food.
- When drinking, you say at least once per night, 'I just can't put it
down the same as I used to'.
- Over 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for
real work, not video games.
- You're actually willing to pay a bit more to drink in a bar that's not
full of '21-year-old kids.'
- Golf is beginning to seem a lot less silly.