Things that NASA changed to accommodate 77 year-old John Glenn's return
to space aboard the shuttle Discovery today.
- All important devices now operated by the Clapper.
- Shuttle's thermostat set at 80 degrees.
- Shuffle board installed in cargo bay.
- "Early Bird" specials from Luby's Cafeteria included on menu.
- One monitor specifically designated for Matlock.
- Little bowls of candy scattered randomly about the ship.
- Top speed of shuttle set at 25 miles per hour.
- Installed a new bifocal windshield
- Space pants now go up to armpits.
- Left-blinker left on for entire mission.