Excerpts from actual letters sent to landlords...
- "The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is
- "I want some repairs done to my stove as it has backfired and burnt
my knob off."
- "This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man
- "I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the
- "I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen."
- "Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces."
- "Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk.
Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant."
- "Will you please send a man to look at my water, it is a funny
color and not fit to drink."
- "Would you please send a man to repair my downspout. I am an old
age pensioner and need it straight away."
- "When the workmen were here they put their tools in my wife's new
drawers and made a mess. Please send men with clean tools to finish
the job and keep my wife happy."