- "99 Bottles of Beer" song gets stuck in an infinite loop
- At the stroke of midnight on 12/31/1999, Windows 99* turns back into DOS
1.0; the Pentium* V turns back into an 8088, and the Handsome User is
left holding a beautiful glass mouse.
- Internet Movie Database now lists "1901: A Space Odyssey".
- Bob Dole's age erroneously listed with only two digits.
- Sales of Coca-Cola jump drastically after original cocaine-laden formula
becomes legal again.
- Software engineers point out that since computers think it's almost
1900, we technically have to "party like it's 1899" (which, frankly,
doesn't seem like that much fun).
- Microsoft declares the year 1900 to be the new standard of the
- Jesus shows up late for His Second Coming; blames it on COBOL
- Using a computerized adoption service, Michael Jackson mistakenly takes
home some octogenarians.
- Unexpected demand for COBOL programmers results in severe personnel
shortage at McDonald's restaurants.